Onion and Pepper Masalaherbsequalhealth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green chilis, chopped
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, cashews, asafoetida, and sauté until cashews become light golden in color.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, and green chilis and sauté until onion becomes translucent, about 6-8 minutes. You can add salt while sautéeing the onion, as this makes it cook faster.
- Now add tomato ketchup, garam masala, and red chili powder and mix well.
- Add the finely chopped bell pepper, water for desired consistency, salt to taste, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the bell pepper is cooked.
- Serve hot.